Because little marshmallows have never hurt anyone. Mix them with the chocolate and good lord! (*drooling*). My hunt for the perfect S’mores recipe began right after a happy realization on how I have been spending on s’mores little too much with my every other day craving. After researching through some recipes online and after few modifications of my own, I found the perfect, easy, simple and quick gateway to heaven aka S’mores. Before we move on to the recipe part, let me just warn you, “this stuff is addictive”, trust me, to the extent that I am actually hogging on it right now as I write this at 2 am. So guys, once you start making it at home, it’s too difficult to stop. Please don’t come and blame me later.
But why in a mason jar?
Because it s’more fun having S’mores in a jar..
And also, it’s store-able, manage-able, port-able.. Looks fancier for a party event.. You can limit yourself in a jar quantity (hmm.. okay.. at least can try).. And goes on..
6 oz (170g) Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
8 Graham Crackers, crushed
1/4th cup (55g) White Sugar
3 oz (6tbsp) Melted Butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F (176°C).
- Mix crushed graham crackers with sugar and melted butter to create a dough like structure. Press the dough evenly at the bottom of the mason jar.
- Top it with the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Now, I personally prefer the chocolate chips to not melt down completely and have a little chunk to chew on. But if you need them to be completely melted, you may want to microwave it for 2 minutes before sprinkling the marshmallows on top.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes until the marshmallows turn light brown.
- Let it cool down for a bit and dig in with a dessert spoon.
*nom nom* *nom nom* *nom nom*…
Try this one out today, really, you are in for a treat, I promise. Be sure to tell me how your S’mores baking experiment turned out, I bet it was good.
Until next sweet treat, Bisous ❤